Healing Peptide Thymosin Beta 4 (TB500)
Thymosin Beta 4 is the thymosin peptide shown to promote protection, growth, repair, remodeling and healing. Studies have shown that it can promote migration of cells, formation of blood vessels, maturation of stem cells, activation of progenitor cells, survival of various cell types and lowering of the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Thymosin Beta 4 is the form that is naturally produced within the human body and obviously cant be bought. The synthetic form of Thymosin Beta 4 that is synthesised and manufactured is called TB-500 ie this is what can be bought, injected etc. There is no difference in efficacy between the two
Thymosin Beta 4 Dose:
Dosage depends on the purpose and severity of the injury / damage you are treating. People generally use between 4 to 8 mg of TB500 per week during the initial (loading) period of 4 to 6 weeks. Afterwards some opt to maintain the effects with a low 2 to 6 mg dose once every 2 weeks. The effects of TB-500 wear off within 2 – 3 weeks of injection.
How to take Thymosin Beta 4:
1. Get the tops of your vial and bacteriostatic/sterile water vial off.
2. Using an alcohol pad, clean the top of both vials (tb-500 and water)
3. Using a new sterile insulin syringe, draw syringe full of air(1ml) and inject it into the bacteriostatic vial then withdraw 1ml of bacteriostatic water.
4. Inject this 1ml of bacteriostatic water into the side of the tb-500 vial. Don’t force it and don’t spray it onto the lyophilised powder but rather into side of the vial so that the powder merely dissolves into it.
5. You can repeat step 3 and 4 if you are going to dilute the powder using more than 1ml eg 2ml
6. Check to see that all powder has dissolved and gently roll vial to ensure it has all dissolved well. DO NOT SHAKE.
7. If you want to equalize the pressure inside the vial you can pierce it with your insulin syringe but with no plunger in it
8. Withdraw appropriate amount of the now dissolved tb-500 into your syringe, try and avoid any major bubbles by tapping side of syringe and adjusting plunger. Ready for injection. (You can use a brand new syringe if you want the needle to be sharp and use the one that you pierced the rubber tops of your vials with to simply fill/load the new syringe with)
1. Thymosin Beta 4 loading phase:
- duration: between 4 – 6 weeks
- dosage: between 4 – 8 mg of TB-500 per week
- frequency of injection:2 mg per injection, between 2 – 4 times per week (depending on the total weekly dosage)
TB-500 maintainance phase:
- duration: as long as needed
- dosage: between 2 – 6 mg of TB-500 per 2 weeks
- frequency of injection:2 mg per injection, between 2 – 3 times per 2 weeks (depending on the total bi-weekly dosage)
Side effects of Thymosin Beta 4 :
There have been no reported side effects during the past few years since TB-500 became popular by athletes. For some reason people expect the TB-500 to produce flu-like symptoms. After thorough research through every Thymosin beta-4 related usage log on bodybuilding forums, there are simply no reports to confirm any side effects.